Sunday, February 21, 2010

Days 12-14 aka Surviving in Sydney

Friday

This weekend I headed off to Sydney to see three shows in 24 hours with my dad.

I knew from the start it would be a challenge nutritional because on these weekends we are usually running around doing alot of stuff and trying to get 6 meals in was going to be interesting.

I started Friday off really well, getting up to make an omelette and ensuring I ate at least 3 meals before my flight at 1:40. All was going well. Gt to dad's and the first thing I did was pop across to the supermarket and bought stuff that was going to help me get through. I grabbed some yoghurt, frozen fruit, flaxseed and dad had the protein powder. Got back and made up a shake. Feeling proud of myself, doing VERY well.

We head out for dinner and we decide on tapas so that made it easy , meats and salads. We came to order drinks and....well..... you see..........
Yep I ordered Vodka and Diet coke. The first of many for the night. Interesting how one little thing can derail the day.

So in summary, from a food point of view I did pretty well, from the drink point of view, not so good.

Saturday
Saturday I woke up feeling not too bad....... I quickly worked out that the reason for that was simple, I was still drunk.

I knew I needed to eat something so Dad and I headed down to Cafe Bondi (in Kings Cross) and I ordered a Spinach Omelette. It tasted good however half way through and I quickly realised that my hangover had snuck up on me. I was NOT happy. We went back up to the apartment and I lay down for a second (read: an hour). After I woke up I certainly felt better however it was also on my mind that it was almost lunch time and I had only had one meal.

Dad and I headed off to the opera and my only choices for food were sushi and finger sandwiches. I didn't NOT want to eat so I choose the finger sandwiches with meats (protein).

After the opera, which was quite enjoyable (and 3 hours long) I grabbed a protein bar, strawberry yoghurt and a couple of fish oil tablets. 4pm and I knew I wasn't going to make the 6 meals however was still going to choose wisely.

At dinner I had Black Angus Tenderloin with mushrooms and beans. After Spring Awakening we headed home, I certainly wasn't up for another night of vodka......

When home, as I night cap I had a berry choc protein shake (with flaxseed) and headed off to bed. I knew I hadn't had a day I could "tick off" as following all the rules however I understand the reasons I didn't have the best day and understand further planning in certain situations is needed.

Sunday
I awoke feeling a LOT better than the day before determined that today was going to be better, and I was.

Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, Mushrooms and Fish Oil tablets
Morning Tea - Berry choc protein shake with flaxseed
Lunch - Tuna salad

After lunch it was time to head off to the airport to head home. Now those that know me know that I always bring back Krispy Kreme donuts..... mmmmmmmmm donuts......... and today was no different (well different only because I only bought a dozen not 3). I'm walking around with them and you know what, I didn't want one.

I got home and handed over the Krispy Kremes so they were no longer in my possession.

The rest of the day I did fairly well from a nutrition point of view and I could tick the day off :D

(I know I have a few days to catch up however I will over the next couple of days I swear)





No comments:

Post a Comment