Today started out the same as yesterday, with every intention of getting up and making omelette. In reality I had yoghurt, protein powder and flaxseed again. The strawberry and protein smoothie at morning tea was great and the Chilli and lime salad.... Well I just LOVED that.
I was feeling pretty good today, in no small part to the compliments I had been receiving (partly new top, partly shape change :D).
So when I headed into the session with Josh I was feeling fairly confident :).
The deadlifts, oh the deadlifts. In all honesty I don't mind the deadlifts (at the moment) and my self correctors, my knees, certainly help to indicate when my forms not the best (oh and Josh yelling at me to improve my form helps :P)
Then the leg press. Josh must have had a LOT of faith in me because he upped the weight..... A little TOO much. After the weight was readjusted down I was able to end that set and then the weight went up again :S (although not as high)
Next up was the lunges, not my favourite exercise (although certainly not my most feared anymore). I find that I struggle a little with balance on this one which doesn't make it easy at all for me.
Next I was introduced to a new exercise, the calf press. I sit in the leg press machine and Josh tells me to just place my toes on the plates. I sit there thinking he must be taking more of the weight off however he simply says "are you ready?"
So he pulls the weight up and I just have to push with my toes..... And you know what? It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Could be the answer to my aching calves while walking up slopes :D
We were running out of time so I figured we wouldn't have much time for abs....may not have had much time however still worked them hard with 10 crunches and 10 legs raises as warm ups and then 20 (I swear he originally said 10!) crunches where my elbows had to touch my knees. This was followed by 20 leg raises. I'll tell ya, it hurts to sneeze.
So anyway I'll sign off now. Return to see how I handle the Sydney trip and nutrition ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment