Today was the Blitz session for the week and believe me when that alarm went off I considered going straight back to sleep. However I got up, got dressed and grabbed my pre training shake (protein and glucose) and headed out the door to pick up my Blitz partner and best friend, Simon. Neither of us seemed too perky on this dark and thankfully cooler morning.
When we go to the park it was still pitch black and the light wasn't coming out even as more people arrived. When Josh arrived we headed over to the skate park as it was the only lit portion of the park. One of Josh's great abilities is to adapt to the situation. The area where we could do blitz was narrowed however that certainly didn't diminish the intensity of the session.
Today's session consisted of a lot of squats, step ups, jump squats, push ups, inverted push ups for the brave (which I wasn't), a few laps around the skate park and the ever favourite... burpees.
I was still feeling quite lack lustre and it was evident. I put in what I could however I knew I should have been able to do more.
Finished off with the post training supplement and headed home for a shower and then work (yay). Due to still feeling disappointed in my performance I still felt a little flat for the day (only lifted with an outing with the Girls' Movie Club to see the extremely girly Valentine's Day)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment