I walk into the gym Monday afternoon actually feeling a little flat, as I had been all day. I was tired and a little meh however knew that the session would make me feel a little better.... or so I thought.
We start the session with.... a test! Yep, a nutrition test (told you I was back studying :P). Well apparently I know a little more about nutrition than I thought, however still room for improvement. We went through the chapter for the week and Josh pointed out a few things I hadn't noticed and corrected things I didn't get quite get right (in a nice and patient way of course).
After a quick warm up set on the pull downs we moved towards the machine that is NOT my friend, the dreaded chin up machine. As I said I felt fairly flat, even though I'd kept my nutrition spot on, and the thought of the chin ups terrified me. And boy did it show..... I started off ok however then I started struggling far earlier than I should have. We struggled through the last few agonising reps with a LOT of help from Josh (he is definitely there for you every step of the way.
We then moved to the pull downs and once again the soreness in my forearms restricted me and I didn't pull the weight that I know I'm capable of.
Onto the dumbbell rows and I will admit I felt stronger with those, although I shrugged a lot more than I should have in the rows.
Last and definitely not least was the barbell curl. Now by this time my will is shot, not an excuse however definitely did not go into the curl with the best frame of mind. Started ok again however once again that bar got to a point where it just would not move.... there went the knees and bending of the back again. I almost gave up completely on the last one however Josh wouldn't let me give up and it was completed (although pretty wonkily)
Finished with crunches and leg raises and then I was out of there.
This was probably one time the session didn't lift my mood. No fault of Josh or the exercises, just disappointment in myself.
However I guessed that everyone has days like that and "well, tomorrow's another day...."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment