Monday, January 23, 2012

Run, run, stumble, correct, back on track

Last week was a weird and non productive week.  I derailed myself a little particularly when it came to the all important nutrition. (missed meals, not bad but not stellar choices etc)

However that was then and this is now.  One of the important things I have learnt through my training with Josh at Physique Essentials and the MP program is to truly understand why you stumbled.  Then simply pick yourself up, brush yourself off and get right back on track.

In the past, I would have spiraled into the abyss with no seemingly obvious way of coming out however that girl just simply isn't me any more.

As I said in a recent blog, I'm currently obsessed with numbers however I'm also obsessed with how my body feels.  Firstly from a performance and health point of view.  I know I am more attuned to my body and what it needs and wants (not necessarily the same thing... believe me lol).  The main thing is I know when I haven't been eating properly because my body tells me through lethargy, lack of satisfactory performance in the gym or a general feeling of blah (yep technical term right there)

Secondly, it is how my body physically feels.  I spend each and every day feeling myself up........ um, wait...... what I mean is I have started to be conscious of the bumps and flats (good and bad).  I now more aware of the fact I can feel a tricep and bicep and calves have bumps where I didn't think it was possible lol.  I'm also feeling the softness.  This is going to sound strange as there is a little less softness than there used to be however I now have a greater sense of there being MORE softness.  Perhaps it is simply because I'm more desirous of that softness going away forever now.  So now when the jiggly bits jiggle it reaffirms my resolve and encourages me to stay on track.

So after a less than great week, this week I intend to work harder and be more accountable because I have huge goals and damn it I AM going to achieve them! :)


Sometimes the littlest things can help put you on the right track. This morning Josh sent me an email that put my before photo (check back a couple of entries) alongside a photo of me taken Saturday, and I have to say it made me smile :).  It helped kick off the week.  Thank you Josh.

This was the photo from Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment