Sunday, January 15, 2012

Obsession.....

Obsessed is a strong word however I have been known to be obsessive in relation to a number of things including food. Food being a really big thing.

However something I have obsessed about in the past has come back to haunt me........ Numbers. In particular numbers on the scales.

When I was at my heaviest I obsessed about getting under a certain number. Every time I was on a diet I would jump on the scales 3,4,5 times a day. I'd celebrate when the number went down and go into a downward spiral when the number went up.

When I started training with Josh I stopped myself from getting on the scales apart from weigh ins with Josh. It took a bit of control but I did it.

I don't actually own scales any more because I just didn't need them. Last year I hovered within a 5kg range all year and I still didn't have the compulsion to jump on the scales.

However this year I saw a number on the scales I haven't seen in close to a decade and now I'm obsessed.

Although I don't own scales, every time I'm near scales now I want to jump on "just to check". Common sense tells me that is idiotic. Weight fluctuates throughout the day and (girls you know what I'm talking about here) can certainly fluctuate throughout the month. I know I shouldn't be jumping on the scales however I am truly obsessed by it now.

It's funny a few people reading this might start thinking that I will do absolutely anything now to ensure that number doesn't go up........... and they are right!!

You see I'm also obsessed about eating..... ensuring I eat the right things at the right times when my body needs it.

In the past I've skipped meals, eaten just cabbage soup, coffee and cigarettes in order to lose weight and it just doesn't work.

At the start I said I'm obsessed about food, you betcha!!! I eat to get lean.

However this week my goal is clear........ I want to stay off all scales all week long. I want to be surprised when in 4 weeks I reach the half way point of the program, jump on the scales and have reached my 6 week goal.

So I'm staying away from all scales, and if any of you see me inching towards those scales please......... Hit me on the nose with a rolled up newspaper and firmly say "No!". I'll get the message.

Til next time..... Stay strong and reach for your goals. You WILL achieve them

No comments:

Post a Comment