This week has been an interesting and positive week. After reaffirming my goals earlier in the week I decided to push stronger and harder than ever before.
My nutrition remained on track and I was feeling stronger in resistance training. (except for a little stumble during the lunges... oops). When Saturday rolled around we were greeted with one of my favourite Blitz sessions, Death by Zigzag. (Shhhhh - please don't tell anyone I actually like them). Essentially what happens is quite simple.... find a hill, and run up and down the hill in a zigzag fashion. Now I say it is my favourite however I am in no way Queen of the Hill. I find it tough however I continue to try to push just a little harder and have little mini goals.
Saturday afternoon, inspired by Treena's change room story, I decided to do a little experiment. I wanted to see how far away I was from getting a paid of size 12 work pants on. I grabbed a pair, held my head high and went into the change room. I pull those pants up, went to hold the two sides of the top of the pants at least close to see how far I had to go and....... they did up!!!! Now don't get me wrong, you will not be seeing me in size 12 pants this week (Noone wants to see that yet believe me!) however I was amazed that I could do them up. This from a girl would was essentially three sizes bigger before training with Josh. So I smiled as I came out of the change room, hung the pants back up knowing I would be back.
Now some of you may have been following my progress towards a great nutrition week, one where I have 6 meals a day with protein, essentials fats and the right types of carbs. My journey has actually been a little easier than I thought it would be, as I have struggled so many times before. It has been helped with support, chocolate protein (I have managed to stay away, and not crave, the chocolates at work) and just pure determination.
Six days down, everything great and then...... this morning I woke up with Gastro. It was something that is going around at the moment and I genuinely thought I had been able to miss getting it however no. I tried to eat the veggie omelette this morning and had to quickly change to protein shake and apple, through the morning I was able to eat once more. Then I promptly fell asleep for 3 hours. On waking I have been able to have more apple, protein and diet ginger ale.
This isn't a woe is me part of anything, just frustrating. I was one day away from a great week (first one EVER). However you know what? I have 6 weeks of this program to go and now I have proven to myself that it is possible. So I will still have my perfect week. Next week I actually plan to up the ante and have even better choices in each meal.
So here is looking forward.
Take care and catch you next time :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment