Monday, July 4, 2011

The stray lamb returns...........

Forgive me, it's been six weeks since my last confession... I mean blog.

In all honesty it has been a while since I last blogged my journey to the best version of me, however as I told someone the other day... I kind of lost my mojo there for a little while.

A combination of illness, work and emotional stresses saw me stray off the path quite a bit.  My nutrition suffered as comfort foods snuck in and I know that although my strength and fitness (I hope) improved not much happened in the way of body composition.  And I take full responsibility for that.

So here I am again at the start of a fresh 12 week program and I had a friend ask me yesterday what my goals were and what was my focus.  I will re-post them here:

  • I will happily wear size 12 clothes in public
  • I will fit into a size 10 (fit, not necessarily wear lol)
  • I will be able to jog/run for 5kms without slowing to a walk
  • I will drink more water
  • I will not deviate from the nutritional path
Couple of extra restrictions I am placing on myself ...
  • no bread for the next 12 weeks (I have a wheat intolerance and since I have been eating bread it is causing some health issues)
  • no chocolate for 12 weeks (not including chocolate protein hehe)
Part of my refocusing has come from me understanding a few things better and accepting what I can and cannot change. Although it may sound selfish, these next twelve weeks I am going to place my focus wholly on myself.  I know the Clare that I want to see at the end of these twelve weeks.  She has eluded me so far, however I'm determined to use my new improved fitness to chase her down, grab hold and finally get her.

These next twelve weeks are also going to place some interesting challenges in front of me (birthdays, travels etc) however as has been proven by a very good friend, doesn't matter what the obstacle is it is possible to get through.

In closing I want to say thank you to those who have supported me, encouraged me and got me to where I am so far.   So thank you Simon, Treena, Tina, Vicki, Tim and all the Blitz 'family' and of course, thank you Josh Dickinson and the team at Physique Essentials.  When I first walked into Josh's studio eighteen months ago I would never have thought I would be saying I'm entering the City2Surf in Sydney in 6 weeks time!

So here we go again......... stay tuned ;)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back babe. Had been wondering what was happening. Good luck on this phase. Remember the aggregate weight equation and pity your poor mother XXXXX

    ReplyDelete