Sunday, May 8, 2011

One day, Two days, Three days...... Four?

After a lack lustre start to the week, I managed to get through three nutritionally perfect days (thanks in no small part to Simon). 

This included the Annual Trivia night I ran for work.  I trained in the studio from 5pm - 6pm and then raced home to pick up Simon so that we could head back to Wodonga for the set up of the night.  Simon had prepared for me a chicken stir fry with brown rice and accompanied it with a couple of fish oil capsules.  We grabbed everything, set up the night and then sat down to eat.  (Additionally for the first time every I drank no alcohol during the night.  I was determined to stick to my goals)

Training wise, I think I've being doing pretty well.  I have an annoying foot injury at the moment.  Not 100% sure what is wrong however I think it dates back to the Nail Can Hill Run and a particularly uneven section of the run.  It is an ache in the top of my foot that comes and goes and moves as well.  However luckily I was able to still do lunges (did I just say luckily and lunges in the same sentence???) and everything else seemed fine.  I seem to be able to run on it as well.

So with Trivia Night done and dusted, I awoke the next morning ready for the next event in my busy weekend.

The Physique Essentials team were running the Pushups for Charity event in Albury-Wodonga to raise fund for the local branch of the Make a Wish Foundation.  The premise is that each participant is sponsored per pushup up and they see how many they can do in 90 seconds.  We split into two groups with one person counting and one doing the pushups.  After my counting stint it was my turn.

I had estimated I could do 60 pushups and I had one sponsor who pledged $3 per pushup and a $40 bonus if a got the 60 pushups, so I was determined to reach it.  3....2....1.....GO!

I started well, managing one push up a second for the first 30 seconds and then I slowed a little but still managed to keep going.  Then it got difficult.  I had an idea how many I had done and I was determined to get to 60.... I can do this, I can do this...... then I lost count.  I had no idea how many I did.  5,4,3,2,1... stop.
I looked up at the counter and she asked if I knew how many and I just shook my head......."67".  I did it!!

So a quick shout out to Kara for her generous donation, as well as the entire Physique Essentials team who did brilliantly.

After a quick BBQ I had to shoot off for the next part of my weekend.  So far nutritionally I did well.  Everything was on track and looking good (apart from the couple of sausages).  I was now off to surprise my mum for Mother's Day.  Simon dropped my off at the airport and I had packed my protein and shaker, thinking I could at least have a shake on the drive up the mountains.  When I landed however I forgot one simple thing.  To get water.  So from that point nutrition hasn't been that great (I even gave in after 5 chocolate free days.....:S) . 

However that was just one day, I'm now back on plan and intend to try to maintain throughout the day now.
The great thing though was I did successfully surprise my Mum by turning up unannounced on her doorstep.  She is my Mum and my friend and I wish we lived closer so it was nice being able to be up here for Mothers' Day.

Happy Mothers' Day to all :)

1 comment:

  1. Be careful for what you wish....it may just happen - Imagine me around the corner!!!! This was the best Mother's Day Gift anyone could have - and apart from nearly having a heart attack when you landed on the proch - what a great day. Love you Mum

    ReplyDelete