The last couple of days I have definitely been better on the nutrition front :).
Wednesday morning we had the first ‘real’ Blitz session, however I have a feeling that Josh is still just easing us into it. The main thing for me was seeing how far I have come. I started Blitz a year ago and at that time I could barely jog a quarter of the soccer field. Now I’m quite comfortable jogging the entire 2 lap warm up.
This session consisted of running for a minute and then a minute of on the spot exercise (squats, crunches and pushups)…… rinse and repeat … 9 times. I was pleased to see that I was able to pass a couple of people in the run section. Not that it is a competition with other people but rather that I set myself little goals.
Wednesday afternoon it was back in the centre for what has probably become my favourite out of my three resistance sessions a week…… chest and shoulders. Started with the bench and then dumbbell press and then onto the exercise I had been fearing….. standing shoulder press.
Let’s just travel back a few months. Last time that my program included the standing shoulder press I would be able to lift the light bar (approx 10 kgs) with 10 kgs on the bar (barely but I could do it for the number of reps I needed. Josh then changed it over to the Olympic bar weighing around 20 kgs (note: same overall weight). I put my self in position, got ready and…… nothing!!!!! I could not lift it. And for the following three weeks it alluded me.
So when Josh put the Olympic bar up this time, I stared down the bar determined that it wasn’t going to beat me this time, got into position and……… I DID IT!!!! I pressed that bar for 9 reps … YAY me!
Now the rest of my weights didn’t increase for this session however that didn’t phase me….. I got that sucker above my head!!!
Thursday at the moment is kind of a rest day however I hope to be able to do Blitz within a few weeks (got to make sure everything else is on track and that my recovery is good). However I did ensure that my nutrition stayed on track all day.
This morning I woke up feeling sort of ordinary however I still got my butt to blitz. The session involved interval running up and down the soccer field (50%, 70%, 100%, 50%) turn around and do it all again for ten minutes.
With each lap I grew increasingly nauseous and therefore unfortunately I didn’t do as well as I really would have liked to. You see I have some pretty big goals this Blitz and that means upping my game in everything so I don’t like lack lustre days because I really do feel like I’m missing opportunities.
The next part of the session was 10 minutes of ab work. And let me tell you, ab work with a dodgy stomach is not fun.
However we move on :). This afternoon I have what is probably my least favourite of all the sessions – back and biceps. However just like I did with the Shoulder Press…… I can do this!!!!!!
Check back next time to see who the conqueror was – me or the weights??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment