Sunday, January 16, 2011

The ups and downs and that blasted mirror

Hello intrepid readers,

It has been a week since my last confession.. um.... I mean blog.  This doesn't mean I've not been exercising or trying to keep my food in check just that I haven't had a chance to catch you all up.

Exercise wise it has been a fairly productive week.  Some great Blitz sessions and have had good improvements in weight increases in the resistance area as well.

However I have to admit I'm having a little bit of a love/hate relationship with my body at the moment.  For those of you who have ever been unhappy with some part of your body (come on admit it that is EVERYONE) you know that there are times where those flaws seem to stand out and scream.  That's what is going on with me at the moment.

Every time I look in the mirror I'm not happy.  I'm happy with how some parts have changed however really not happy with others.

I know that I am making fitness and strength improvements (however I will admit I really struggled Friday morning at Blitz) and I have made definite improvements in my nutritional choices (certainly a LOT better than I had been doing in the 3 months prior to that) however there is just something not right.

I know it's not the program it's definitely me.  Perhaps part of it is I know I have made some improvements over the last year and now other issues are becoming highlighted more.  And I think part of it is I know I can do better, we can always do more :).  And by more I don't mean more training (I don't think I have time for more at the moment lol) rather I need to put more effort into ensuring I select good nutritional choices, drink more water (an area I am still failing in) and push harder during Blitz.  I think I am tackling the mental struggle of the resistance training however need to do that in all components.

So don't take this as a whinge just a refocusing.  In a sense I guess I have had a mini snap moment that has taken me back on track. :)

Check back soon to see how I attack the next week.  I need to look at each day and see what additional effort I can put in... One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment