Wednesday is the second of three training sessions I have with Josh each week. The focus is on the chest and it also introduced me to a few new and a few changed exercises.
We started off with an incline bench press. Until this point, for as long as I've been training with Josh I have only done the flat bench press so in a weird way I was a little excited to be trying something different. It definitely is a different feel to the flat bench press (and a day later I am certainly feeling it in a slightly different way)
Following on from that was the flat dumb bell press. This again is a little different to what we had been doing (inclined dumb bell) however not uncomfortable.
Next up...... the standing shoulder press. Now I have to say this does feel weird. I think my first problem came from the arm position. During the bench press I had to learn to keep my elbows under the bar (just ask Josh, he had to remind me on a very regular basis). So I finally get the hang of it (usually) and so I adopt the same position on the shoulder press........ yep that's not how it's done.
So with the shoulder press you need to turn the elbows more towards the front in order to give the press strength, and let me tell you there really is a difference.
Yet another slightly different exercise to what I had been doing previously was the bench dip (rather than assisted dips on the machine). We have done dips plenty of times in the Blitz sessions however they were easy compared to these. Hands on the edge of a bench, legs straight in front and..... dip. To begin with I thought, ah these are easy, until about the 8th one and I started to struggle getting back to the starting position. After the first set, and the requisite rest between sets, I started on the next set. I was going strong for the first 4 or 5 and then started to falter. At this stage I think Josh found that it's not the easiest exercise to spot lol. After not being able to get to the starting position on the 7th one (literally nothing was moving!) I brought my legs in and that was it.
To finish off Josh had a present for me..........NOT! It was the dreaded Wheel of Death. I know that my abs have strengthen over the last few months however that wheel is still a killer.
Nutrition
I will be honest I'm feeling pretty good about my nutrition at the moment. I'm managing 6 meals and they all have the necessary requirements. Although a lot of the time I have the same thing at the moment I'm happy with that as it keeps me on track and makes sure that I have the right things. The only area I'm still struggling a little with is breakfast. Although I do ensure that I have at least a shake every morning I know that I should be having solid food. This weekend will see a few fritattas being made and frozen for quick easy nutritious solid breakfasts.
Signing off for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So proud of the results you and Simon have got since you both started training.
ReplyDeleteGotta admit exercising is fun and beats those crazy fad diets. And reguardless off how drained you feel after training, you feel awesome moments later not only cos of the endorphins rushing through your body, but you feel awesome cos of the sense of self accomplishment.
Keep up the good work.
*insert high five here*