Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Work Social Events

After two days of staying on the nutrition wagon, and feeling pretty good about it, today my work area held a morning tea for the "Biggest Morning Tea".

I went along, with protein shake in hand, and was faced with sausage rolls, cakes, biscuits, lollies, party pies, chips and dip. Although there is no rule of "you can't have this or that" there is a sense of making good choices over not so good ones. My choice......... to walk back out of the room.

I had my shake, I didn't need to eat anything else as I was satisfied. And to tell you the truth the smell kind of got to me.

However it did make me wonder, how much of an influence work events and the like are on what we eat in a social and fund raising context? Could there have been better choices on the table? Perhaps. I'm not saying that you need to cater for every food allergy and food craving however I was a little surprised at the lack of fresh food of any description.

Oh well, almost lunch time and almost time for my tuna and bean salad (told you it was a favourite :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment