Monday, April 9, 2012

12 week reboot

Hey,

Yep it's slacker here.  Every time I say I'm going to update regularly and then something happens and well... I don't.

Just to catch you up.  After the last 12 week program, I managed to lose 4.3kgs in total.  This means that all up I've lost around 18.5kgs since I started training.

So now we are onto the next 12 weeks (well technically that would have been last week however due to a couple of disruptions for various reasons I have decided to reboot as of this week).  This time around we are doing things a little differently.  I've actually written my own program this time.  After training for 2.5 years I should have a pretty good idea of how to do this however it's still a little daunting.  However it is written and my Resistance training days will remain Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and as per the MP protocols I will slowly build up the cardio aspect of the training in line with my nutrition program.

Now the most important part of any program is not necessarily the training program or nutrition plan but the goals.  If you don't know where you are working towards how do you know how to get there. 

I have very clear goals this time around and I didn't struggle to set them as I am fired up after the results I achieved in the last program.  I have told many people that this year I am giving it all I can.  I have my reasons for this.  This time the goals just presented themselves.  Actually have to laugh when I think back over the years and how much the goals change every 12 weeks as I change, both physically and mentally. 

So here are my 3 goals for this 12 weeks.

1. waist measurement below 80cms and hips in double figures.  It's been a long time coming and this area has always been the hardest part for me.  However will do all that I can. (Note: I do have a weight goal that is based on a couple of factors however in reality I want to try to stay off the scales this time around.  They do my head in)

2. Complete the Nail Can Hill Run in less than 90 minutes.  This will be my third time on the hill and I am definitely no runner.  However I have gone from 1:58:59 to 1:45 last year and I want to try one final assault and get under 90.  Let's see what happens on May 6th.

3. Introduce/try one new recipe a week.  I'm a creature of habit, and for the last  program I stuck to pretty much the same thing day in and day out.  A lot was out of ease due to my schedule however things have changed which will allow for some additional time to try new things and experiment.  Nutrition has always been difficult for me.  I have never seen the MP protocol as a diet more about lifestyle however there have certainly been times I have strayed and I am determined to push harder this time.  (which also means drinking more and more water, something I have never been good at)

So there you have it, I'm at the start of a 12 week period which I truly believe will change my life in many many ways.  I won't promise to keep you updated regularly however I will try.  Yesterday was Easter Sunday, and I said it was a day of rebirth, and it is.  There's a new Clare coming and I think she's gong to be kinda awesome (although hopefully a little more modest than that lol)

Til next time....... you can choose to be who other people see you as, or you can choose to be the person you are.  Me... I choose me.

No comments:

Post a Comment