Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012.... Don't let the door hit you on the way out

To put it mildly, 2012 was crap. Although there were a couple of glimmers of good things, most of last year was quite horrible.

My character was questioned on a number of occasions and had various accusations thrown at me. I put weight on that I had worked hard to take off because I let events get the better of me and allowed doubt back in. I lost my mojo, and lost a few other things including some dear friendships. Copped a few injuries, and all in all had some pretty dark moments.

As the end of 2012 approached I had a good hard look at myself and the year that was and the conclusion? In the great words of Scarlett O'Hara "Tomorrow's another day".

I've picked myself up and brushed myself off as I know that I'm better than the product of the last year. And it was with a new energised, motivated attitude that I've entered 2013 and to be honest...... It's working damn well.

I've learnt from the last year and I'm stronger for them.

In the year I turn 40, I've decided to make it all about me, selfish or not that's just the way it's going to be. I have plans for holidays (although the major one has been delayed by a year), time with family, enrolled in a graduate course at CSU and have a revived drive when it comes to my health.

Before I sign off I want to thank my partner, Simon, and my family for supporting me every step of the way. Not just last year (and they were my rocks) but through life. I love you.

So here's to 2013!!!

(So does anyone see the irony of someone with triskaidekaphobia declaring 2013 to be their year?? ;) )


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment