Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ten months and going strong

I've been training with Josh at Physique Essentials for 10 months and this week marked the beginning of week 12 in the second round of Metabolic Precision.  Week 12 means one important thing.... more measurements and photos.

Now let's take a step back for a moment and look back to 6 weeks ago when the first set of follow up measurements were taken.  I was pretty disappointed as the measurements certainly weren't stellar and my weight stayed the same.  I don't meant about the same but EXACTLY the same.

So I headed into this stat session not expecting much and .....

I was pleasantly surprised.  In addition to some key measurement figures, the photos showed where my body composition changes were happening so I will admit I walked out of the studio (after a pretty good session) with a bounce in my step (well as much of a bounce as you can do after deadlifting 65kgs...) and a smile on my face.

When I got home I thought I would look back to my very first measurements from when I first walked into the studio on 5 October 2009 and the result is this.......

Weight        lost 9 kgs
Waist          lost 9cms
Hips            lost 9.5cms
Chest          lost 7cm
Shoulders    lost 8cms
Thigh           lost 5cms

Now some people would possibly look at those figures and think to themselves...... "But it's been 10 months, shouldn't those figures be higher?".  However to be completely honest I'm pretty proud of those figures.  Let me explain......

Those that know me, know that I have been on a LOT of diets, tried many things and sure have lost 10+ kilos before just to see it pile back on plus more.  When I first walked into the studio with Josh I was the heaviest I have ever been and I was really not happy with myself.  I was unfit, not healthy and on the diet rollercoaster that I honestly thought I would never get off.

Ten months down the track I am a lot happier, I am fitter, stronger and most importantly I've disembarked from that diet rollercoaster with no intention of ever getting back on it, and honestly I don't need to.

I don't diet anymore, actually I'm still being told by Josh to eat more (which I still find funny) I don't need to diet.  I just select food slightly differently now.  Also I never thought I would enjoy going to the gym and lifting weights (I figured that was only ever for bodybuilders) however now I strive to increase the weights at each session (and also to try not to drop them on me lol)

Josh has given me the skills to continue to make improvements and also the motivation and inspiration to never give up trying to be better.

So for some the figures may seem low however for me it marks a consistent improvement and the motivation to just keep going and even turn it up a notch.

I intend to keep training with Josh and Physique Essentials simply because it works and I have NEVER stuck to a health and wellbeing program like this before.  I have always given up and this time round I don't want to and can see any reason to.  I'm enjoying food again, it is no longer my enemy.  And I love my time at the studio, it's hard work but it's also fun and rewarding.

So to Josh I have one simple thing to say... thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment